Google+





Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Outlander Personal Blooper...


Well I might as well disclose that I am not perfect! Lol. It's not all that bad I guess. While filming Outlander and in particular the scene where I am running full tilt from the King's Longhouse to embrace Ron Perlman and his gang head on, my genuine imitation viking pants became somewhat loose and well I had to tug them up every 5 steps or so while heading into the cameras. I don't know if it is visible or not, my other hand had my sword flailing wildly but it is disconcerting to say the least. I thought I had it fixed for take two - but nope. Same thing. Big braided viking dude running to defend his king with his pants falling down. I then had one of the ladies attending to the actors to tie me and she sure did - wow that was tight. Next take I was flying! But not too too fast, one of the main BG actors fell HARD on the first take as the stone tiles were extremely slippery with rain and mud in front of the longhouse. He had to be taken to the hospital and I still don't know what happened to him to this day. Hope he is ok.

So here is hoping that take 3 makes the cut and not the first two lol. Jim Caviezel was looking right at me from about 5 feet away when we finished one of the runs - wonder if he saw the pants problem. Oh well, I guess they could have weaved in that I was in the throes of passion with my lady just as Ron Perlman decides to invade our village - I had to jump up and immediately don my viking duds for battle!!!

In between takes, we (the vikings) were talking to John Hurt and someone said "So you are our king!" to which he replied, "Yeah, but not for very long..." lol - I think that perhaps his life is short lived!

It was kind of surreal to be standing in the fake backdrop of the kings longhouse (wonderful crafted on the outside though!) with 40 other men dressed up in leathers and furs, carefully trying to avoid each others swords and spears while the conversations are about everyday life: "Yeah, I got to fly off to Toronto this week for a conference" and "I had nothing but ham sandwiches this week for lunc... ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOOO KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! ...we were often interrupted by the call of duty at hand - filming a blockbuster (and trying not to run over Mr. Hurt) :-)

More Outlander tidbits coming up! This movie rocks. Seriously. Next up - hear how to get banned from using flames during the shoot! Not that it was me...

Images provided by http://outlander.solsector.net

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.