Google+





Friday, October 24, 2008

MUST WATCH: Awesome New Trailer For "My Bloody Valentine 3D"

Jim here. Whoa - check out this awesome new trailer for MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D. There are obvious gimmick moments like throwing the pick axe at the screen - I knew damn well that was going to happen at some point in this movie!

But I subscribe to 3D gimmicks if used well for the horror genre and I didn't see too much of it in the trailer. I remember the same ol' folks complaining about the gimmicks from the JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH trailer and that went on to earn over $190m worldwide.

What I don't like is 3D gimmicks in other genres like drama, even science fiction. Horror? Ok. Make it work. Check it out yourself:



And don't forget what is probably the most telling aspect of this trailer: The rating. The MPAA rated it "R" for "Graphic, brutal horror violence and grizzly images throughout, some strong sexuality, graphic nudity and language." Don't pretend this is going to be a nice family movie with some 3D thrill ride stunts like JOURNEY. It isn't. I am looking forward to this movie immensely and I have high expectations. We shall see won't we? Opens January 16th, 2009.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.