Google+





Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Exclusive Confirmed! Reitman Attached To Produce BAYWATCH!

Jim here. Nope! I am not talking about watching Michael Bay and his 3D soft-shoe show.

But I AM kinda perturbed. Risky Business blog over at THR would like you to believe that they are breaking this story - they aren't. We had this story out in the open back in September of 2007! Modern journalists are amazing aren't they?

But they did fill in some blanks that were missing - so thanks, I guess! I had not heard anything further about the story since I broke that Ivan Reitman was attached. Originally Spielberg had a hand in this too - perhaps he still has.

The new update is that Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka have been tapped to write the screenplay and apparently Paramount wants to move forward with a 2011 release window.

From Risky Business: ...Insiders place the “Baywatch” adaptation in the context of a TV revamp like “Charlie’s Angels” rather than “Starsky and Hutch,” which indicates that female-driven action is also on the menu.

RB makes no mention of the original intent to shoot this in S3D
, so we will remain cautiously optimistic at this point as I have not heard anything further. I think I will ping my sources again on this one. Certainly the worldwide following of Baywatch makes this an interesting project.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.