Just heard from one of my French readers (Thanks Chris!) and he sent me a very cool interview James Cameron completed recently. Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Still in creative pre-production; going to be spectacular.
- New worlds, new habitats, new cultures.
- Still Humans (dominating nature) vs. Navi (integrating into nature), but with new manifestations.
- Working with Weta Digital to create a whole new suite of tools to speed up production.
- Considering shooting whole movie in high framerate -or- variable framerate (only the parts of the movie that make sense to be in HFR).
- Shooting at a native resolution of 4K.
I'm also on the trail of something very interesting about the sequels and I'll have that story up when I get it vetted. Very cool about the AVATAR sequels in 4K and I would wager that he'll opt for variable frame rate. More when I get it!
Avatar 2 is slated for release in December 2016, with the remaining two coming each year after that.
Suites d'"Avatar" : "Je crois que ça va être... by rtl-fr